XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Modelling Glitch

07-31-2009, 07:15 AM
Hey all. I dont know whether anyone else has had this and can help, but after sculting a mesh for a while, I will rotate the model to find on one side that a indent has appeared from a rogue vetice being moved to within the mesh. When I try and smooth the vertice back to normal, what infact happens is the rest of the mesh gets pulled towards the rogue vertice.Ive added some pics. Thanks in advance.

07-31-2009, 07:05 PM
This has happened to me before as well. In the past when it happened, I think my mesh had some kind of polar issues that made this happen. What I mean is, if you have 5 edges all meeting at one vert vs. 4, this would happen.

AND, just the other day, it happend to me again, but I had a clean mesh, so I don't know what was going on? On one occasion, I drilled the bad spot with the inflate brush, and it came out of whack, but on another occasion, I couln't fix it; I simply re-loaded my last saved ZTL. Yeah, it sucks! So, for now on, I'll watch out for these spots forming as I stroke away, and get to them while I still have undo's left...

Another wierd problem I was having was some odd redraw crap; say I'd have the default matCap red material on my character... Well, I'd end up seeing 3-10 polys that looked as if they were outlined in white. I found that by pressing the M button (material, not the actual 'm' key) and did a color>fill object, it would still be there. I had to switch to a different material and do that color>fill object thing again, and it fixed it (with that, there were even other materials that wouldn't fix it).. BUT, once it was fixed, I could go back to that default-red material, color>fill it, and it would be ok...

Frustrating... :) But without frustration, we'd never learn and look into these new issues, and never know how to reslove.

I wish you luck with your problem... Take Care...
~Andrew R. Shelton Sr. (Drew)

07-31-2009, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the reply, yeah it is very frustrating.

CGTalk Moderation
07-31-2009, 11:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.