Does anyone know how to get Instanced fluids to render in Mental Ray for Maya 2009? I tried the following test and it worked in maya 2008 but rendered black in maya 2009.
1. create particle tool, draw a few particles.
2. get fluid example, clouds.
3. select fluid shape, go to particles | instancer.
4. make sure i see multiple copies of the fluid shape in maya viewport.
5. create directional light
6. switch to Mental Ray, hit render.
in 2008, bang! fluids render
in 2009, render is black, with no errors.
fluid instancing renders fine using Maya Software Renderer in both versions of Maya.