Lost Adventurer, Aleks Kirilenko (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Casting: Robot Required - 100ft tall.

07-25-2009, 05:02 PM

We are starting a very original 4 minute live action/CGI short film, we have the script, actors and crew and are shooting on RED for 5 days in London.

What we don't have is a Robot. How would you like your design to star in a short?

I can't release the plot yet, suffice to say we need a something that need to look alien, so probably not asimo, capable of looking destructive but also capable of expression. Scaled he would be about 100ft tall.

Ideally it would be a rigged model in Max. But we could start from scratch. I am a pretty good modeller and animator, but technically rigging is a art. And I am completely sure you are way better than me.

Compositing in after effects and editing in Premiere.

If you are interested in the project, post your models or designs here.

08-17-2009, 02:36 PM
I realise this does seem like I am asking a lot. All we need for the moment is a design. If you have drawn or made a cool robot post it. We can take it from there. This is self funded project - but we are going for very high production values and as such we are willing to pay for them. I am a firm believer that no one should work for free and and I am posting here to give forum members a chance to be involved in something that will get recognition. If your design is chosen you will be paid.

09-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Im not sure, if you have a sound designer or anyone to help in the audio field but i would love to help. I think robots have some of the greatest possibles of sound. A lot of different approaches to it.

Anyway look forward to hearing from you.

Colin Heath

09-05-2009, 08:04 AM
I don't know if this is still available , i'm a modeler , actually a modeler , texture , lighting , matterial and rendering artist , i could model it if you want but i can't rig, animate or draw.
I think it's nice, and would be grate if i could be part of the your team.

contact me at alex@tntwebpage.com

09-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Thanks to the people that responded and PM'd - I have a robot I am working with and I think it's going to look fantastic.

The project is fairly secret, but we have some great people involved so far. We are sorting out a 3 day shoot in London at the moment and I and I know we are going to need animators to take on shots if anyone is interested.

CGTalk Moderation
09-13-2009, 05:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.