07 July 2003, 11:30 PM
Oliver, you've got some good stuff, and some not so good stuff. Hopfully I can shead some light...
1) Acrobatic people in the begining are a little light. They just don't show much weight.
2) Pandas are pretty cool.
3) Penguin stuff is a little light also. The fish flying are not matching the speed the trainer is throwing them. They are going way too fast. They should have a nice arc and then come down, but instead they jet straight into the mouths.
4) Squirels don't have much weight either. They just look too floaty. Tails look good though.
5) Not sure why the scenery is in there, this is a character reel right?
6) The lip synch is a bit off, it looks like they are saying everything a couple frames too late. You could use a couple more shapes too. It looks like you're only using maybe 3 different shapes.
7) In-synch boy really needs some help on the lipsynching. It just looks like two targets, one opened, and one closed. He could also use some facial animation like eye movments...eyebrows?
8) Not sure what the flashing brain was...character reel?
9) I would probably axe the "ya" guy, not much going on there.
10)Big Bird seems a little lifeless. Maybe a bit more movement in his wings. He just seems so stiff.
Well, that's all that I can say for now. Oliver, you've got a great start. Keep it up. Have you heard of the 10 second club? It would be a great way for you to improve on your character and lip work.
Hope I wasn't too harsh, just trying give ya some "real world" love. Take care,
07 July 2003, 10:29 AM
Thank you, Zach. Your comments are specific which is very helpfull, not too harsh at all. I will probably remove some of the sequences until I get time to fix them.
01 January 2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.