George Rig is a cartoon character rig with all features that animator would expect, including but not limited to:
- switchable FK & IK limbs;
- FK & IK torso;
- squash & stretch;
- advanced foot setup;
- detail facial rig;
- switchers GUI;
Download the rig + guide + bonuses (zip file) here (http://rapidshare.com/files/265414113/George_Rig_1.3.zip).
Download only the rig here (http://rapidshare.com/files/265416097/George_1.3.blend).
Download only the guide here (http://rapidshare.com/files/265415756/George_Rig_Guide.pdf) .
Application to run the rig is Blender (www.blender.org (http://www.blender.org/)). Blender is cool 3d open source application so feel free to download it.
I'd love to hear your feedback.
There is new version of the George rig 1.2.
- new stretchy IK system (much better for FK - IK switching)
- bending bones work correctly in stretched positions
- nicer IK torso bones shapes as requested by users
- many other "under-the-hood" tweaks ...
There is new version of the George rig 1.3
- solved flipping of the spine, the shoulders and the neck when the rig was rotated upside down (180 degrees) - yes, some animators would like to animate ceiling walkcycles :-)
- enhanced parenting/multiple spaces switching constraints of the eyes target, neck and head
- some minor tweaks