View Full Version : Mudbox 2009 trial has black veiwport :\

VashUG
07 July 2009, 04:00 AM
Hi, i recently downloaded the trial of Mudbox 2009 and when i open it up, all i have in my view port is black, and i cant do anything about it :\

heres my necessary specs

Toshiba Portege M750

-intel Core 2 duo CPU 2.53GHz
-3 gigs RAM
-Mobile Intel 4 series Express Chipset Family graphics

ive read about the 2009 version being picky about its graphics card so i was just wondering if i should stick with mudbox 1...

is there hope?

cgbeige
07 July 2009, 08:38 PM
it's your graphics card - there is no way in hell you can run Mudbox on an integrated graphics chip. you'll need to use ZBrush since it doesn't rely on a beefy graphics card.

VashUG
07 July 2009, 03:22 AM
awesome thanks :) i wasnt sure, i thought mudbox was the less power hungry software, so i didnt even bother with zbrush ill try it out :)

thanks again :D

robinb
07 July 2009, 10:52 AM
Nope, Mudbox makes extensive use of the graphics card for its display. Zbrush is a software renderer and doesn't really need a 3D graphics card at all (I think) and relies on the CPU for pretty much everything. So you'll probably find you get a pretty decent response from Zbrush since that CPU is fairly fast, but Mud won't be able to display anything.

CGTalk Moderation
07 July 2009, 10:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.