View Full Version : Wait for ZBrush 4?

07 July 2009, 11:37 AM
Hi guys,
Im a bit of a noob and new to the forum so - hello! I was thinking about buying ZBrush but don't know whether to wait for ZBrush 4 to come out. I'm a poor student and don't know whether to buy it just now and upgrade to Z4 when it comes out. Just worried that Z4 will be more expensive. What do u think?


07 July 2009, 05:01 AM
Z4 is a free upgrade for current owners so you have no reason not to buy now. If anything the price will probably increase when v4 gets released.

07 July 2009, 01:00 PM
get ZB...simple as that...

when you get good at sculpting you won't be 'so poor' as you can go for digital sculpting LEARN..then EARN.

07 July 2009, 05:38 PM
Yessir, Zbrush is best purchase I've made in my 2D/3D arsenal. Now that I'm getting comfy with it, I find that modelling the conventional way lacking. Some how pushing polys don't to be enough.

So I've gone from being frustrated with zbrush and regretting the money spent to Finding wonder in zbrush and curiously tinkering with it,to building models in LW and editing them in Zbrush, now finally using Zspheres and creating all organics in zbrush. Interesting evolution.

CGTalk Moderation
07 July 2009, 05:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.