XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : marmoset

06-19-2009, 03:37 AM
Hey guys. Not actually sure if this is the correct section for this... it is a real time shader so I guess it is. :)

Anyway I'm new to marmoset. It seems to be an awesome way to show work, but I'm at a bit of a struggle with exporting, or, at least getting my mesh to show correctly in marmoset.

Ok so I export it with 3dsmax 2009 using these settings:

(these settings were posted in a marmoset thread that I believe was on these forums).

However, when I "open mesh" in marmoset this is what I get. In this image I have my diffuse map applied, and there is no 'base mat' applied to the model. But the base mat doesn't resolve this problem.

I'm very new to this whole thing, so I'm a bit overwhelmed. Though, I believe I'm simply miss understanding something. All my folders and such are in the correct place, everything seems to be correct according to the tutorials I've read. I spent a good 7 hours working at it but am about out of ideas. But if you need more information about something please ask and I'll provide it - this marmoset really has me interested! :)

Cheers and thanks again for your help

06-19-2009, 12:23 PM
Not familiar with the engine, but shouldn't you be exporting triangles instead of quads?

CGTalk Moderation
06-19-2009, 12:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.