View Full Version : PremiereCS3/Cinepak-always same size file?

Ernest Burden
06 June 2009, 04:33 PM
I'm outputting a 3 minute animation for a client in a number of different formats and have a few issues.

First was the H264 washed-out problem, solved by a gamma correction and pulling in the white/black points. That was for an iphone version.

Sorrenson3 for a regular QT version, since the client had trouble playing QT on his laptop. The S3 looks better than a same-sized H264, which surprises me.

Now to outputting an .avi version. Problems. I cannot get export>movie to write to Indeo5.1 I recall that in the past I have found that it needs to be a certain size to write, will refuse if not that exact size. But I forget what that size is.

On to Cinepak, which is exporting fine. But no matter what options I check, my file is about 460MB. I started with quality-66, not recompressing=463MB. But even at quality-22 with recompress/maintain datarate, I get 462MB, q-22 recompress/always = 461MB. And they all look about the same. At quality 22 it should look much worse than q 66. What am I missing? Is there some checkbox for Cinepak to make the file respond more to the quality settings?

Premiere is often puzzling.

Thanks in advance for any advice...

CGTalk Moderation
06 June 2009, 04:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.