Copenhagen/Denmark, June 02, 2009 -- Opcoders today released GraphicDesignerToolbox 1.1, a free update to their powerful Mac OS X graphics editor. Perfect for web designers that need to compose seamless tileable backgrounds, trim pixels, prepare thumbnails and add shadows, plus much more! Special focus for this update has been on increasing realism of textures, by adding building blocks for making fractal noise such as irregular cracks, structured patterns, random strokes and traditional IFS fractals.
GraphicDesignerToolbox is like a modular synthesizer for computer graphics and provides 88 building blocks that can be combined into bigger constructions. A building block has a simple purpose, for example: create thumbnail, rotate image, combine images, filter image. Very sophisticated tasks can be solved by snapping together a few building blocks. Best of all, the building blocks can be manipulated in real time and editing is non-destructive so you are free to alter any stage of your work.
GraphicDesignerToolbox 1.1 comes with 5 new building blocks, 10 new sample projects and various minor changes and improvements.
A lot of effort has gone into making the new "Chaos" building block, a generator for non-linear IFS fractals also known as a "chaos game". It has 20 parameters for tweaking structure, coloring and tiling. Traditional IFS fractal generators need a lot of parameters to create a useful structure, but here only 6 parameters control the actual structure thanks to a clever new system. More than 200 presets are available in the Chaos block, and it's possible to blend smoothly between 2 presets using a crossfade for more than a trillion different fractals!
What's new in this release:
* Added a "Chaos" block for generating IFS fractals
* Added a "City" block for generating procedural cities
* Added a "Blendmap" block for doing z-blur (such as depth-of-field) effects
* Added a "Matrix" block for doing convolution matrix operations
* Added a "Quilt" block for generating quilting patterns
* Renamed block from "Render Path" to "Rasterize"
* Added "blood.box1" to "Sample Pack - Textures"
* Added "Crystal1.box1" to "Sample Pack - Textures"
* Added "Future1.box1" to "Sample Pack - Textures"
* Added "Future2.box1" to "Sample Pack - Textures"
* added "Future3.box1" to "Sample Pack - Textures"
* added "Alien3.box1" to "Sample Pack - Textures"
* added "Alien4.box1" to "Sample Pack - Textures"
* Added "Flags.box1" to "Sample Pack - Web"
* added "Logos4.box1" to "Sample Pack - Web"
* added "Icons1.box1" to "Sample Pack - Web"
* Added a "Purchase" menu
* Added a "Join Community" menu item
* Added the graphic-designer-toolbox icon to the Sample menu (again)
* Added a "Get more samples" link to the Splash window
* Made the "Unlicensed" notice in the control bar more visible with tooltip
* Fixed: "Unlicensed" message was briefly shown for registered users
* Fixed: broken links to homepage
* Single window editor
* Unified bitmap/vector compositing
* 88 building blocks
* Getting Started pdf included, 27 pages
* Multiple difficulty levels: easy, medium, hard
* 3 fast-access example projects accessible at launch, many more available online
* Build assets and recycle your work
* Construct amazingly impressive graphics
* Mac OS X 10.4 or later
* 1 GB system RAM
* Graphics card with 64 MB video RAM
* 20 MB hard drive space
Pricing and Availability:
GraphicDesignerToolbox 1.1 can be downloaded from the homepage. A single user license can be purchased for 29.95 Euros ($39.95 USD). Media and interested parties may request license codes for reviewing.
Opcoders is a privately funded company founded in 2006 by Simon Strandgaard in Copenhagen, Denmark. Opcoders main focus is the development of GraphicDesignerToolbox for the Mac platform.