View Full Version : Why does "Make Poly Mesh" deform my model?

blh9901
05 May 2009, 05:11 AM
I'm a beginner at ZBrush so this might be a basic question but it's giving me alot of problems and I would really appreciate any help. I'm running through the "Introducing ZBrush" book by Keller. Chapter 5 runs through creating a skull. I've created a beautiful skull via his instructions but now I would like to paint on the skull to make it life like. When I click the "make polymesh" button which I thought was necessary in order to paint, it basically deforms my skull and makes it look like a child's skull. Have I done something wrong? Thank you in advance for any help!

rjmarklew
05 May 2009, 08:46 PM
If you started with a polysphere to make your skull it is already a polymesh. You should be able to polypaint directly on it.

Richard

blh9901
05 May 2009, 12:04 AM
So I can paint on it but half of the skull is "red wax" material and half is "fast shader". Don't know how that happened but I can never completely cover up the red wax color with simple painting. How do I get the skull tool to be the material that I want and then paint the colors that I want on it? What am I forgetting to do? Thank you again for any help!

rjmarklew
05 May 2009, 05:04 PM
For video tutorials go here: Video Tutorials (http://www.pixologic.com/zclassroom/homeroom/)

Select the 'Getting Started with ZBrush' section.
From the chapters menu select 'Essentials'
Use the small arrows at the bottom to scroll until you get to 'Polypaint'

Richard

blh9901
05 May 2009, 05:47 PM
Thank you so much! I figured it was something simple but I just couldn't figre it out on my own! Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
05 May 2009, 05:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.