New features make 3.7 faster to run and easier to use.
Enterprise version includes support for Motion Tracking, Stereo, Networking and Sockets
Ramona, CA – May 08 2009 - Esperient Corporation (“Esperient”), a pioneering developer of 3D authoring tools for interactive 3D visual computing applications, is pleased to announce the release of Esperient Creator 3.7 and Esperient Creator Enterprise. Coming six months after the release of Creator 3.5, this latest release contains dozens of improvements and new features, most of which are designed to make the software easier to use and faster to run. Principal new features include:
- Smart Objects™. Dozens of new drag & drop re-usable components have been added including Smart Objects™ for Navigation, Cameras, Lights, UI Elements, Game Content, Material Changers, Sketch shaders, Locators and boat controllers among many others.
- Glass Shaders. Now include colored and translucent shadows through glass, drag & drop handling of real time reflections and refractions, and cubemap refraction calculations.
- Unified most popular shaders. Rather than having separate shaders for all feature variations, features such as bump-mapping can be turned on or off as needed.
- Many new API functions and Scene variables.
- All new editor transformations. This allows the movement of huge objects (million plus polygons) within the editor without delays.
- Launch of Esperient Creator Enterprise which includes all of the new functions added to version 3.7 plus support for Motion tracking, Stereo Displays, Networking and Sockets.
Commenting on the new release, Ben Vaughan, CEO of Esperient Corporation, said:
“Release 3.7 represents a continuation of our mission to remove the barriers to adoption of interactive real time 3D software by developing an easy-to-use product. The inclusion of dozens of our Smart Objects™ that allow simple drag & drop of re-usable components will make it far easier for new users to develop applications very quickly.
“We are also taking this opportunity to introduce an Enterprise version of the software which is aimed at larger companies that wish to use more specialized features such as Motion Tracking, Stereo Displays, Networking and Sockets. The Enterprise version will cost $2,400 per license.”