• VISION: To have our members create the very best digital art.
• MISSION: To create a Chicago organization for digital artists that fosters creativity, imagination, and the sharing of knowledge, for the purpose of realizing innovative and exceptional digital art.
We are well on our way to getting the First CGS Chicago meeting together, we are finalizing the details with our future host Flashpoint Academy (http://www.flashpointacademy.com/).
CGS Chicago meetings will be announced on this forum, as well as sent out via our mailing list.
In pursuit of our Chapter endeavors, I would like bring up some general information about our group.
• We are the first US Chapter of CGSociety
• We are moving fowards to get a 501 (c) 3 status with the federal and state governments. This will make CGS Chicago a NPO (Non Profit Organization)
• Our call for members is open to anyone with a serious interest in Digital Design/Art
To be in compliance with our future NPO status, we are putting together a CGS Chicago Advisory Board. We have room for one or two additional members for the Advisory Board. The Advisory Board shall be the leadership of CGS Chicago, and will help coordinate and guide the direction of the Chicago Chapter in the ever changing world of Digital Design/Art.
We are looking for members who are currently working in Game Design and/or Visual FX, 2D/3D digital illustration. If you are a Chicago design professional and wish to sit on the Advisory Board, please contact us at the following:
We are looking foward to meeting all of you in the very near future!
In the meantime if you are interested in joining the CGS Chicago Chapter group please follow this link : Group Membership (http://portfolio.cgsociety.org/invite/e2c420d928d4bf8ce0ff2ec19b371514)*
Marcus Kim, AIGA
*be patient if Membership Approval takes a bit, the group addition is still a manual process - thanks*