View Full Version : FrameCahe a samplerInfo output

04-21-2009, 11:31 AM

I sometimes use the frameCache node to delay/calculate differences on float attributes.
But that doesn't seem to work on data from the sampleInfo ....

I need to get the samplerInfo outputs of the previous frame ....

Can I do that in mel without baking each frame ? or my only option is API ?

if it helps the attribute that i need to cache is "pointObj"

thanks a lot

04-22-2009, 05:00 AM
ok maybe I should explain it more, this tutorial talks about frameCache node , a very very useful node :

What I am trying to do is trying to compare the current frame's pointObj values of the samplerInfo with the pervious frame's values.

So I thought putting 3 FrameCache nodes and getting the past[1] for each XYZ values would work , but it doesn't . Becaue -I think- that node only works with floats not with World Matrix type of input .

So I am looking for an alternative

Thanks a lot

05-18-2009, 08:17 AM

eh... not sure why it doesn't work with the frameCache node... the pointObj isn't a matrix but 3 float values...
pointObjX, pointObjY and pointObjZ...
how have you connected the various stuff together?

if you're using maya 8.5 or 2008 on windows you can e.g. maybe try the lagNode (
connect pointObj to e.g. inputT of the lagNode... at "when" attribute use before... "vary"-attribute off...
and in frames 1...
then outputT should be = the output of pointObj one frame before the frame you want it from... :)

will convert it to a python plug soon... so it can be used on maya 2009 and also on other platforms than windows...

kind regards...

CGTalk Moderation
05-18-2009, 08:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.