XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : AlienZ characters created in LW

07-13-2003, 02:16 AM
I know we have our own forum here on CGTalk for the AlienZ Film Collaboration but I wanted to post here for those who were not aware of it. Here are some images of 2 of the characters that I created in LW for the film. They were exported into Maya and are currently being rigged and textured. Here are some OpenGL captures from modeler.

AlienZ Hero

07-13-2003, 02:18 AM
AlienZ Mom
http://www.bluecougarstudios.com/alienz/alienz_mom_6_27_03_v04.jpg http://www.bluecougarstudios.com/alienz/alienz_mom_6_30_03_v01.jpg

Thanks for looking and feel free to drop by the AlienZ forum within the Collaborative one. You can find your way through my signature links if you want.

07-13-2003, 05:30 AM
I like the characters. However, the hero's neck looks a little out of whack from the side view.

I took a look and the project you guys are putting together. Seems like an interesting idea and a way to stay focused and follow through. Good for you. I look forward to seeing more updates.

07-13-2003, 06:13 AM
:thumbsup: Nice! I really like the Mom character, the curlers are a great touch. But why is her bangs taped to her forehead?

07-13-2003, 02:51 PM
All conceptual content is set by Kirt, you'll have to ask him about the neck and the tape on the forehead. Thanks for the compliments.

Steve Warner
07-13-2003, 07:15 PM
I love these characters, BlueCougar! The mom, especially, makes me laugh every time I see her. :) She should be Jimmy Neutron's substitute teacher. ;)

07-13-2003, 09:31 PM
hey very cool man :thumbsup:

I like style

07-15-2003, 01:09 AM
Steve: Yeah she was alot of fun to model. Kirt has some neat concepts. And as an avid viewer of Jimmy Neutron (anyone with a 3 and 4 yr old is) I agree exactly with the idea she would fit into that type of styling.

MorBios: Thanks, the style credit goes to Kirt for the concept. I guess the only style input I have is in the placement of geometry for animation. We'll see how that works out pretty soon!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.