View Full Version : Application Error

04 April 2009, 12:20 AM
Whenever I open a file in 3D Studio Max 2009 I am getting this error message:

An error has occurred and the application will now close. No scene changes have occurred
since your last save.

I tried to reinstall the program but i'm still getting the same problem problem. Actually I can create a simple scene and save, but whenever I open I am getting this message.
The file is not corrupt coz I can open in my laptop computer. Any help from you guys, I need a
step by step instruction in solving this problem. Many thanks.

04 April 2009, 10:18 AM
I would make sure to uninstall max. an make sure any leftovers are removed from documents and settings and program files. Now reinstall max and see if it happens again.

04 April 2009, 04:07 PM
Hello, I had this same problem also with Max2009. A complete uninstall and re-install like Johan suggested worked for me, but I wonder if this is some kind of bug in Max2009? I have never had a problem like this in older versions.

04 April 2009, 10:21 AM
Just delete the User Files content in application data under your username folder, that should do it, actually in my case I could narrow it down to the ui folder of the scheme. I would try to delete the contents of that folder first. Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
04 April 2009, 10:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.