View Full Version : jsConstObj;

fortner
07 July 2003, 06:50 PM
Jason or whoever else can help me out..... I'm getting an error message (// Error: Cannot find procedure "endName". //) when i run the jsConstObj; script. Any suggestions?

-Mike

Reel FX studios

tropistic
07 July 2003, 07:25 PM
Make sure you've put *all* the scripts from the DVD in your script directory. Especially that EndName.mel script...

Jay

fortner
07 July 2003, 07:42 PM
thanks tropistic for the reply. The script was in there, and I just repasted it, and it still didn't work.....hmmm. Wonder what I'm doing wrong.

tropistic
07 July 2003, 07:45 PM
Well, if I remember, there's a couple of other scripts jsConstObj needs besides just EndName.mel. you have copied them all to the directory? doesn't hurt to restart Maya after doing so too.

Jay

fortner
07 July 2003, 08:01 PM
LOL. that's all I had to do. I just restarted Maya, and that was it.

thanks

-Mike

loked
07 July 2003, 09:22 PM
I dont know if this is worth anything, but just for future reference. If you run into this kind of a problem again, you dont necessarily need to restart maya, you can just source the necessary files. ;)

Later:wavey:
loked

tropistic
07 July 2003, 12:34 AM
Except that with Jason's scripts, sometimes there's so many scripts dependant on each other that you lose track of what you need to re-source, and it's easier and quicker to just restart Maya.

Unless you've got Maya 5, which is painfully slow to start, at least on my machine...

Jay

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.