Offering a large variety of painting & image editing tools, as well as easy to use morphing and bonus modeling tools; this package was designed to streamline 3D texturing & painting workflow and intended for artists to paint textures directly onto the 3D models utilizing smooth continuous brush strokes.
The new Blacksmith3D-Suite v3.2 software package allows you to:
• paint across UV seams as if they didn't exist
• paint textures with Alpha Masks (RGBA)
• use the Clone Tool for texturing (just like in Photoshop™) directly to/from the 3D models
• auto UV Map objects with a click of a single button (or use existing UV Mapping)
• use 'touch-up' painting tool with Smudge & Blur, Hue & Saturation, etc.
• use the Soft Selection Tool to paint & morph models in a smooth, organic way.
• use smooth continuous brush strokes to paint directly on the model with optional drawing tablet support
• compatible with most design packages that import/export OBJ files
“The entire philosophy of Blacksmith3D-Paint can be summed up in two words, 'Just Paint'. With a single click, auto UV Map an object, or use an already mapped, choose a brush, and 'Just Paint'! I spent years developing the techniques for seamless painting so the artist doesn't have to spend time tweaking UV maps & fixing UV seams and focus on creating great art.",
explains the lead developer, and CEO of Blacksmith3D, David Fielder.
”With so few 3D paint applications on the market, Blacksmith3D-Paint is both powerful and affordable, which makes it a welcome addition to any 3D graphic artist's tool set.”
The software includes a freeware version (including alpha mask support & the 3ds Max plug-in), as well as the full commercial demos (save/export disabled) available to download at http://blacksmith3d.com/downloads.htm
Blacksmith3D-Suite (which includes the 3D Painting, Morphing, & Modeling tools) is now available on the Blacksmith3D website for $299.95. Blacksmith3D-Paint ($199.95) or Morph ($99.95) may also be purchased separately, as stand alone applications.
Blacksmith3D is an independent software development company located in Toronto, Canada focused on developing applications for 3D artists with the aim to balance an intuitive interface & workflow with powerful design tools as expected by professional artists. Utilizing direct to customer sales, and download only distribution, Blacksmith3D is able to stay in close contact with the users, address their feedback, and offer accessible pricing.
Please feel free to contact us for more information.