View Full Version : DWIV - 2D - Baron Impossible - Evil Eye

Pages : 1 [2]

SangHanArt
04 April 2009, 08:53 PM
Awesome work! Your painting skills are top notch. There's a lot going on but it's balanced out nicely.

Ferx
04 April 2009, 09:25 PM
Ferx - Thanks X 2! What with all that booze, I picked a great year to give up drinking :)

But you dont give up with painting, and that is the important matter :D Always be great to see the awesome art and fantastic imagination and creativity of Mr. Simon Dominic, you rock my friend :buttrock: . My hat is off :applause:

P.S. ahhh and congrats to be in the final of the DW's Generals portraits :D ( but this time no more spirit beverages hahahahahah :D)

BaronImpossible
04 April 2009, 08:05 AM
fluxen - Cool, good to hear that!

Ferx - Definitely won't give up painting :) Aye, forgot about the mini-challenges. Don't really know what happens with them but I gather there'll be another one soon...

primativ
05 May 2009, 03:24 PM
This is so great as are the rest of your painting I've seen. I like the fact that you put him in a daylight enviroment, I think it will set this piece apart from most.

My only crit is that the hammer doesn't read all that well at a quick glance. The connection between the hammer and his hands is obscured by the falling man.

Keep it up!

Intervain
05 May 2009, 06:15 PM
:eek::buttrock: goddamn wicked! Haven't visited here in a while and wow what an image!

Phill99
05 May 2009, 07:13 AM
This is so cool! its definitely one of my favorites

BaronImpossible
05 May 2009, 08:25 AM
primativ - Cheers. You're right about the hammer, it got lost a bit :)

Intervain - Me neither :D Glad you like it though!

Phill99 - Thanks v much!

I sort of forgot about this so I guess I need to upload them at some point - and do a bit of text. Like many of my pics I don't much like it any more but so what, it's just a bit of fun :)

nellement
05 May 2009, 10:19 AM
Congrats!
Great piece,sense of motion is great too.

BaronImpossible
05 May 2009, 10:28 AM
nellement - thanks, appreciated!

MartinNielsen
05 May 2009, 10:32 AM
I was already impressed 4 pages ago, but this entry just keep getting better all the time. Brilliant work, ace :thumbsup:

BaronImpossible
05 May 2009, 12:15 PM
MartinNielsen - Thanks for that, glad you like it :)

MrRico
05 May 2009, 12:44 PM
Hi Simon,

Just watching your illustration I recognize you have a great talent. Could I ask you to take a look to my WIP, I know your comment would very, very helpful. My final Illustration is almost finished but there is something about it that I do not quite like it but I don't know what could it be.
Thx.
Ricardo
My DWIV WIP. (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=282&t=746170)

ShogunWarrior
05 May 2009, 01:19 AM
Hey Simon,

Im new to this and i saw your work. Your work is a masterpiece man. I think everyone in here agrees to that for sure. You make this thing look easy, lol.. Anyways, I hope you win this one because it deserves an award! Take care for now my friend since we only have 9 days left gl to you.

BaronImpossible
05 May 2009, 11:31 AM
MrRico - Will do :)

ShogunWarrior - Thanks, glad you like it. I can see loads of flaws in it now but hey, it's only a competition. And thanks for reminding me about the deadline, I should think about submitting it I guess.

FedDark
05 May 2009, 07:29 PM
shiiiiiiiiii! awesome illustration dude! :eek:

black-kylin
05 May 2009, 09:03 PM
That's awesome! I really like the color and lighting you use for the scene. Good luck!

rgds,
black kylin

BaronImpossible
05 May 2009, 07:09 PM
FedDark - Thanks v much

black-kylin - Cheers, glad you like it

Well, after weeks of forgetting I finally remembered to submit it, so it's all done :)

johnwoo
05 May 2009, 08:31 PM
Very, very cool Baron!...

awesome mood in this piece, I can easily read the chaos in the illustration by the poses of all the characters and the motion in the scene...real cool..ya got it covered!...

gj!

OKMER
05 May 2009, 08:39 PM
One of my favs!
Indeed although the pic is busy it remains very readable!
Amazing work Simon!

BaronImpossible
05 May 2009, 08:55 PM
johnwoo - Cheers, that's good to know!

OKMER - Thanks v much, appreciated :)

PELENG
05 May 2009, 01:02 PM
Congrats, Simon, you've done a great work! :applause: Good luck!

BaronImpossible
05 May 2009, 01:19 PM
PELENG - Thanks, very glad you like it :)

farazmobin
05 May 2009, 08:42 PM
definite contender.great concept

BaronImpossible
05 May 2009, 09:00 PM
farazmobin - Thanks! :)

DanielCortes
05 May 2009, 07:04 PM
Well what can I say about your work that other haven’t already. :argh:
I guess I pushed as hard as I could but your level of work is hard to reach, maybe by next year…big ha!!! your work is a real inspiration man, and im anxious to see how the finals play out, all the best bro and thanks for the support and C&Cs, see ya around amigo! :beer:

BaronImpossible
05 May 2009, 07:33 PM
live2contage - Hey, thanks, and good luck! :) Some amazing stuff has been submitted so it'll be interesting to see who the winners are.

CGTalk Moderation
05 May 2009, 07:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.