View Full Version : How do I do this

07 July 2003, 07:41 PM
Does anyone know what software and how I can create this type of white blinding fade in and fade out transition effects that are used to thread together the animation pieces in this alienware promo.

Thanks in advance.

07 July 2003, 09:24 PM
Just looks like an animated luma key and glow effect to me...

What software are you using?

Ian Jones
07 July 2003, 02:06 AM
Looks exactly like a blank white layer on the top set to either 'colour dodge' or 'add' blend mode, then simply animated from 0% to 100% then back to 0% opacity over a few frames.

07 July 2003, 01:41 AM
In the transitions alot of motion blur was added

07 July 2003, 04:38 PM
To elaborate on the motion blur, i think it is a heavy zoom - radial blur, definitly some color dodging, but i think that there are maybee about 3 layerers of color dodging happening for the transitions.

another possibility is to duplicate the base vid about three times, and for each, pull up their opacity to 100 with a color dodge transfer mode on each of the duplications, slowly bring in a slight gaussian blur, and radial - zoom blur every layer including the base layer. then add a white layer on top with another color dodge or some similar effect... and then reverse it back out.,

you could also use an animated mask on the white layer to have more control over what you want to white out first and last...

just an idea.,.,.,

it is a pretty effect though

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.