XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : African woman_My new painting

02-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Hi guys,

Here's my latest work in photoshop. This face was one among many in the crowd when a Obama became the president of America. The artist and human in me was immediately captivated by it. A face weathered by time, eyes over flowing with suppressed emotions,reminiscing the part overseeing the present and future.

Please tell me your comments and critiques.
Thanks to all..!

Here's the workFlow/Breakdown:

02-27-2009, 06:00 PM
This realy is an amazing painting.

I dont see anything that is wrong with the painting, so i cant give you constructive crit's about it.

I can say however that im really liking your breakdown, it helped me a little in understanding the whole process just that little bit more and i love the way you've captured so much feeling and emotion into this picture.

02-27-2009, 07:19 PM
I love it when people post their in-process work, because without it I'm always tempted to accuse the poster of doctoring a photograph! It's amazing how photorealistic your portrait is. Did you use Photoshop or Painter, and how long did it take you?

03-01-2009, 03:26 AM
hi MaskedWallaby,

how r you?, iam used photoshop cs2 ,and take five days to complete my work.

c u take care,:wavey:

03-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Hi Arunlal.. This is an awesome painting..!! Seems so realistic..!! If you hadn't posted your breakdown, I should have thought its a real photograph..!! Way to go brother..Congrats.. :buttrock:

03-04-2009, 03:52 PM
The facial expresion and texture of the skin are outstanding.

Do you have any particular method (custom brushes, etc.) to get those wonderful detailed textures?

03-10-2009, 10:57 PM
I am really liking this piece, it's all around strong. When I first looked I thought it was photo reference lol.

There is a question I have though; What's your process in making the skin that detailed? Of all the things I like on the pic, that's what really stands out.

Be proud, it's great work :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2009, 10:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.