XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Vector illustration - Carolina Nerme

07-03-2003, 01:28 AM
Hi Everyone.

Im now done with my illustration of a Swedish girl named "Carolina Nerme". I have used a photo on her as reference. The mening of this was to lern how to work with mesh tool at a very high level of detail in Adobe Illustrator. I know there are some problems with the picture, but i think the end result is good.

I know there are some people out there thinking. *WHY THE HELL* is he doing this. How hard can it be to copy a picture. Well... i can tell u its not that easy.

Anyway, this is how the end result looks.

.JPG Version

Flash Version. ( 2.2Mb) So pls be patient.

Flash version (http://www.nitzdesign.com/temp/tjej/carolina_nerme.html)

Let me know if u want to se the reference picture.

07-03-2003, 03:10 AM
That is really amazing, man. No one is going to question your picture because you used a photograph. Drawing from reference with a pencil is hard enough...but you used VECTOR in ILLUSTRATOR. Truly impressive. Gorgeous girl...

07-03-2003, 11:24 AM
symantix: wow. Finalay a replay. Thnx. =)

I dont get it ? Whats wrong. Why dont i get any respons on this picture. On some other forums it gets GREAT respons and alot of people are impressed. Dont anyone use vector around here????

07-03-2003, 12:09 PM
this is amazing!! I'm going to have to purchase the newest version of illustrator. I can't even get close to this type of shading with my old version. Great job!!

07-03-2003, 12:22 PM
I really like it....I don't use vector, but I like it.

The body is so good :thumbsup: but the face and the hair could use a bit work I think....the don't look as realistic as the rest....

07-03-2003, 12:36 PM
Finalay some respons =) yeaha =)

oxygen_77: Thnx! =) What illustrator version u got ? I use Adobe illustrator 10 but i think u can use version 8 and 9 to.

Im doing this tutorial on how to do this kinde of work. U can finde it at
http://www.nitzdesign.com/company/tutorials_vector.php but its still in swedish. But i will translate it soon and i will add some more information.

bigB: thnx! yes the face and hair has some problems. But if u look at the reference its not that bad. This is the reference:

One more time! thnx!

07-03-2003, 12:46 PM
it looks exactly the same as the reference :thumbsup:

but about the face I see some very small difference:
- nose a bit smaller
- eyebrows a bit bigger and darker
- I can't see the ear (on the reference you can)
- the shadows on her face a bit darker (little bit)
- the whole face is a bit shorter on the reference

about the hair....I think it's very hard to make it realistic...but you really should try because it would be an awsome image :)

07-03-2003, 12:54 PM
I have illustrator 8 and maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think it's possible to do that kind of gradient work. Maybe I'm just inexperienced with gradients though... I think your picture looks very similar to the reference and would be great for publication! I like the stylized look of the hair.

07-03-2003, 01:02 PM
bigB: wow thats great feedback. I think u are right about everything. When i get some time i will try to fix them.

oxygen_77: Okey... hmm well i font know how version 8 is. But this is how the wires looks. And dont forget to look at the tutorial.

!!! This is not the final wire version. The hair is missing and the bg!!!

07-03-2003, 01:54 PM
This should make it to the front page, IMO...

07-03-2003, 02:43 PM
symantix: hehe.. that would be a dream... but it dosent get much atension...

Kel Solaar
07-03-2003, 02:54 PM
Impressive vector picture! She is very cute :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.