View Full Version : Not sure if system is working ok or not....

bujin9
02 February 2009, 05:10 PM
Hi all,

I have a BOXX system I bought about 8 months ago....nice system but...
I'm just not sure if I have a problem or not.
Almost every time I use Max, and subsequently shut it down (max), I get the error message of max crashing.
My apps (AE, Premier, Max) also take long to load up (I know 'long time' may be relative).
The system was bought exclusively for using max but how do I know if I have a hardware or software issue and is there a way to check this type of thing?
Just some backgound, I had gotten (and got rid of) a virus back when I first recieved it so it's hard for me to gauge if it's ok or not.
I definately don't have any virus's and have mcafee running in the background on my C drive(2 separate drives RAID). But I'm wondering if by getting the virus off, did it do something to my system thereby slowing it down?
Also....I've already ordered memtest....just wondering if there's other ways of checking stuff out.
My system info.....
WS DUAL XEON E5420 2.50GHz, 12MB cache, 1333 MHz FSB (Quad−Core)

NVIDIA Quadro FX 3700 512MB

RAID 0 Configuration

3 x 250GB 7,200rpm SATA 16MB Cache

700W Power Supply

3gig ram

Basically, I bought the BOXX 8400 series.

Anyways, just checking.
thx,
Joe

biliousfrog
02 February 2009, 03:49 PM
Have you contacted BOXX support?...that's what you pay for.

bujin9
02 February 2009, 05:25 PM
no not yet as it's the weekend and I thought someone here may have some tips / solutions.
thx anyways,
J

CGTalk Moderation
02 February 2009, 05:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.