View Full Version : Apple Pro Training Series: Shake 3 w/ free trial Shake

tjnyc
06 June 2003, 04:43 AM
Hey,

Came across this.

Apple Pro Training Series: Shake 3

Book Description

"Talk about making an impact: Apple’s Shake compositing and visual effects software has been used in every Academy Award-winning film for visual effects since its debut. It’s no wonder then that trained Shake artists are in high demand -- and there’s nowhere better to begin getting that training than with this comprehensive Apple-approved guide (which includes a free 30-day trial version of the $4,000-plus software)."

Here is the link for PeachPit

http://www.peachpit.com/books/product.asp?product_id={C7410988-1027-400F-A213-A639DF711AFA}

Comes out Jul 7

Regards,

dmeyer
07 July 2003, 03:39 AM
Finally! Third party Shake training!

Thanks for the link!

bg26273
05 May 2004, 08:54 PM
so what do you guys think about this book?

dmeyer
05 May 2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by bg26273
so what do you guys think about this book?

Its pretty good, if a bit basic. It would be an excellent intro to shake for beginners.

-d

Paul Moran
05 May 2004, 09:50 AM
yeah...i bought it and its very good! ...quite basic stuff but nonetheless a great intro to shake. its really all you need to be dangerous enough to make some real damage ;) ..only prob is that the 30 day is only for apple :rolleyes:

Ross Forster
05 May 2004, 08:08 AM
Agreed, it was a good book...its just a shame theres not more books on the market.

klinker
06 June 2004, 01:02 PM
yes, a really good book. good descriptions. perhaps a little bit more script introducing. becouse it seams that shake has an interesting core behind the GUI. :eek:

djmagick
02 February 2005, 07:00 PM
I also think it is quite a good book, although i did find it is the kind of book where you have to do everything in the order he gives it to you. It is not much of a reference, more like a straight tutorial. But when combined with the built in references and shake tutorials its great. Oh and the one month license it gives you is invaluable.

CGTalk Moderation
02 February 2006, 08:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.