I have been testing third party render farms and found out these differences
a) 3dsmaxcmd is launched and closed every time a frame is rendered.
b) These is no streamed rendering of frames, meaning “rendering frames 1 to 100 step 1” makes 3dsmaxcmd to load and unload 3dsmax 100 times. Making a simple scene to render for more than 15 minutes ( using 1 or 5 machines)
c) 3dsmaxcmd is the only command in the API that is exposed to 3rd party render management software and it does not streamline the scenes to rendering keeping the 3dsmax.exe instance opened ( perpetual ) until all the frames are rendered.
1) 3dsmax.exe is launched as a service and all the frames are fired at it.
2) There is only one instance of Backburner and renders the 100 frames in 12 seconds.
1) Is it possible for a 3rd party developer to use the communication protocol of Backburner to load max and run it silently?
2) Is it possible to run an instance of 3dsmax perpetually and it receives instructions from an 3rd party plugin/render management software to streamline render a scene.
3) Has anyone has have ideas about MxS-controlled instance of Max able to provide a solution ?
4) Is there any command or code snippet to retain Max instance ( as opposed to MAXSCRIPTCMD based option)
5) Has anyone done this ? Any pointers to the solutions and explanation would be beneficial.
6) Any samples/exmaples with respect to 3dsmax API would be helpful ?
Thanks for your time