View Full Version : Bringing max bones into the mixer?

rcarr
01 January 2009, 06:57 PM
Can anyone help me with this?
Iam animating a character studio rig, where I linked 3 max bones to the 3 CS spine bones. The custom bones are the breathing bones for our character.
The custom bones have a xyz scale controler to it and is being controlled using the reaction manager.
With that said, I cant seem to get the custom bones with their animations into the mixer. So our character is not breathing in the mixer.
When I save out the biped animation i can see the custom bones are in the max objects but again it appears it did not get recorded when saving the .bip

Any help would be appreciated.

rcarr
01 January 2009, 05:08 PM
Well i finally was able to get custom bones into the mixer. But i had to remove my reactions i set up in reation manager. For some reason the reactions i set up were not being recoreded on the .xaf save. Not sure if this was intended from autodesk. Does anyone know how i can do the same thing with out using the reaction manager.

I started to use wire parameters but when i connect the expressions my control object moves away from its frozen state. So when i reset or transform the object back to its zero frozen state the object its controlling moves or scales as well. whats up with that?

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2009, 05:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.