These individuals will assist me in fixing any spelling or grammatical errors, as well as work through the tutorial ensuring the highest possible standard is maintained throughout the project.
Please Note: I do not require any more people on the Beta team, so please do not ask to join the crew. The public release will follow the beta period in approximately three weeks time.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with the tutorial in question, allow me to highlight some of the things you will see in the public release:
1. Planning and creation of Heightmaps
2. Creation of High Poly Terrain Models
3. Creation of Low Poly Terrain Models
4. Complex Surface Breakdowns
5. Planning and Preparing Textures via Photoshop
6. Applying The Textures w/ Complex Surfacing via Layout
7. Multiple Sky Environment Generation Methods*
8. Creating a Complex Water Plane**
* - This chapter in the tutorial includes a comprehensive manual on how and why Skytracer2 works, as well as an OGO_Taiki manual, written by myself, in native English, that is more understandable than the translated readme file accompanying the zipfile.
** - This chapter examines adding Depth Attenuation for pre 7.5c installations of Lightwave. Also fully explores methods for generating foamy wave breaks, sea spray and displacement wakes for moving elements in the water plane.
For those who would like to read the enitire development thread, you can visit the 35 page, 856 post thread by click the link below:
Landscapes and Lightwave @ LWG Forums (http://www.lwg3d.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=11548)
Upcoming Chapters in the Special Edition CDrom (retail) release include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Grass and other vegetation such as weeds and flowers
2. UV mapped Trees of various shapes and sizes, with UV mapped leaves
3. Adding clutter, ie: rocks, dirt piles, deadfall, etc to the terrain
4. Creating underwater definition to augment the Depth Attenuation of the ocean
5. Real-world lighting and shadows
6. Image Filters and Camera Options such as DOF and Blur
7. Adding weather effects to terrain scene
8. Implementing Manmade structures to your terrain, adding PFX waterfalls, etc...
This edition of the CD rom will be available in late September, early October. Announcements will be made at selected forums around the internet when it goes gold.
I hope you all enjoy my Opus...
EDIT: I should go on record saying that while the final size of the zipped archive has not yet been seen, the current non-corrected beta zipfile is 153 megs... 200 megs once uncompressed. I'll let others extoll the virtues of the information contained in it...