View Full Version : Looking for help for Thesis animated film

mybutterflyiris
01 January 2009, 11:57 PM
Hello all. I'm a student at the Savannah College of Art and Design and am currently working on my Thesis 3D animated film. However, I am having difficulty finding people who are dedicated to the project and not overrun with work themselves to lend me a hand. So I thought I would reach out to the community here in a bit of desperation. I may just have to face reality and rework the film to be something I can complete on my own, but I would rather not have to do that.

About the film:

Concept: creating metaphorical animation that is reminiscent of poetry through application of semiotic theory
Synopsis: Life is a masquerade
Duration: approximately 90 sec
Summary: Penelpe struggles to find the true identity of the masked character amidst the confucion. ...
Due date: August

one of the storyboard panels:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/mybutterflyiris/03.jpg

Current Progress:
Most of the Preproduction work is done: concept design and storyboards.
Modeling has started, but I am lacking modelers to get them done.

If you are interrested in being a part of this project, let me know and I can email you more about it.

KenSaba
01 January 2009, 10:58 PM
Hi! Im animation student and want to participate on this project. Can you tell me more about this project, pls email me kensab at gmail dot com. Regards

mybutterflyiris
02 February 2009, 03:55 PM
yamyam: sent you an email reply

And to inspire others I'm posting a screen shot of a model that was recently finished for this project....I can't wait to texture it! (which is what I love doing) :)

edit: I just want to take a moment and specify that work is being done in Maya 2008.

This is the ominous mask designed by me, modeled by Yi Han (also a SCAD student)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/mybutterflyiris/ominous_mask.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
02 February 2009, 03:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.