View Full Version : opengl sprites

m.d.
06 June 2003, 10:35 PM
i know lightwave can display opengl sprites in layout, but i can't seem to get it to show any color but black. all my display options are turned on and i have particlestorm color checked as well as show particles, and i am using sprites:shrug:

Triple G
06 June 2003, 03:32 AM
Umm...this may be a dumb question, but are the images in color that you're using as sprites?

m.d.
06 June 2003, 03:53 AM
ya it's one of the fire presets, in a viper preview there's lots of color but in the cameras veiw in layout it's just black...i changed the color to a bright blue and no change. maybe it's my video card a ati 8500 128meg..... has some funny problems with lightwave...for instance texture shade veiw in modeller is useless, the poly's are transparent from most angles, i have to use wireframe shade.

devin
06 June 2003, 03:56 AM
not sure if this would cause the prob but have you checked your alpha channel settings both in the image editor and the HV panels?

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.