High Moon Studios (an Activision studio) is hiring an Associate Environment Animator for an as of yet, unannounced current gen (X360/PS3) title using the Unreal 3 Engine. This is a junior / entry level position.
Full Time / On-site
Location: Carlsbad, CA (about 30 mins north of San Diego)
Description: High Moon Studios is looking for a talented Associate Environment Animator to create visually inspiring and creative key-frame animations for props, weapons and environments for a high-profile, intense, action-packed title for PS3 and Xbox 360. The individual must be passionate about making great games, be a strong problem-solver and an effective communicator.
• Bring mechanical environments to life through high-quality, key-frame animation in Maya and Unreal Editor to meet visual expectations.
• Collaborate with animators, designers, and programmers to develop and implement animations for mechanical interactive and non-interactive props, and other environmental elements.
• Export and integrate animations into the Unreal 3 Engine.
• Create high-quality smooth and rigid deformation on mechanical-based meshes.
• Build skeletons for props and weapons using a proprietary Maya-based pipeline.
• Assist in the development of intuitive rigging solutions for key-frame animation of props and weapons.
• Work with the mentor/lead to seek out inefficiencies and problems in existing pipelines and identify potential problems.
• May perform some prop and weapon modeling and texturing tasks in Maya or Max.
• One year of animation experience or equivalent education.
• Proven ability in successfully creating key-frame animations using Maya.
• Intuitive understanding of physical motion, both natural and mechanical.
• Thorough understanding of animation theory and the principles, such as timing, weighting, performance and poses.
• Informed on the latest animation techniques.
• Willing to learn and use new tools such as Unreal3 editor.
• Maintains clear and open communication between team members.
• Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
• Strong passion for video games.
• Experience working in the games industry.
• Experience with MEL, Max Script or Python.
• 3DS Max experience.
• Unreal 3 Engine and Kismet experience.
• Worked on one or more published titles.
• Previous experience as a visual FX artist, Character Set-Up Artist or Animator.
• Display a strong sense of motion physics.
• Animation should exhibit a sense of style and believability.
• Examples of rigging and character set-up.
• Bonus: Examples of a mechanical style of animation.
If you're interested in this position or can recommend someone, please PM me or send me an email at twanlass [at] highmoonstudios [.] com.