Lost Adventurer, Aleks Kirilenko (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : First LW try from Maya user!!! Torso Start

06-25-2003, 08:12 AM
Well guys a future job has me learning LW and Modeler. So here is two hours of searching and understanding what Lw can do. I'm originally a Maya user and now really like Lw. Hope REMI doen't hate me after this week is up!!!!!
This is my first torso test, I am looking at making a higher res man. So far this isn't smoothed into SubD's or anything special. So if you have tips then shoot them to me, and If you want PM me...

06-25-2003, 08:38 AM
No ideas Guys, okay starting the tut finder to help me understand more intensly the way Lw works. Great Program BTW. Lovin it

06-25-2003, 09:25 AM
Model is looking pretty good, good to hearr ya like LW!
Be sure to check out http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/Main_Menu.htm
if ya havent already

06-25-2003, 09:34 AM

These are some tutorials I've done for modeling.
Your torso is a nice start, from what I can see of the contour lines, I think you're working form-up (box-modeling).

Particularly beneath the chest pecs methinks your contours are a bit off. i.e. Not following a rib and pec contour, but rather crossing over them.

06-25-2003, 08:29 PM
Thanks guys,
I'm on those tuts right now and working in Yes the Box modeling form for the torso. Haven't tried the Spline style yet...
wok: yup Bookmarked it already..Thanks Though
dobermunk: checking your site now.... Thanks

06-25-2003, 08:33 PM
koinu, I am learning myself but good to have you aboard :) keep up the fantastic work!!

06-25-2003, 09:05 PM
I Hear from the grapevine tht you LW users love seeing what us Maya freak can do with your app. Weel later tongith you'll see what I've done.
wordwarepub: Sweet see ya in the posts.

06-25-2003, 09:31 PM
Maya...whats that..?

JK :beer:

06-25-2003, 09:56 PM
Well, if someone would give me Maya I'd show you what I could do with that:D

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.