View Full Version : component editor always "shows all columns"

zbgump
06 June 2003, 06:40 PM
I have been tryin to use A.Alvarez's technique for skinning hands, found in the gnomon skinning 2 tape. I'm using maya5 and i think hes using 4 in the tape, so maybe theirs a conflict that somebody can help me resolve.

I select a vertex or 2, and then open the component editor, and then turn off "show all columns". I thought doing this would remove all columns(joints) which have a weight value of 0. This isn't the case, turning off "show all columns" seems to do nothing. Also, If I choose "remove unused influences" the joints that had influence removed remain in the component editor, they just have blank spaces where they once had zeros.

Am I missing something? This behavior is making the component editor very dificult to work with.

Thanks for any help.

edit: I noticed another apparent problem. Although I have "auto-update" checked in the component editor, it doesn't update automatically when I select vertices. I have to click the reload button at the bottom of the component editor.

edit: Could anyone running 5 test out the component editor on smooth-skinned vertices. This is all seems strange to me so I'd like to know if anyone encounters these problems. I'm running maya on OSX, if that matters.

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.