XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Environment: Tech=Noir Style Hotel Room

06-24-2003, 12:10 PM
Hey, this is my first post. I did this for my texture and lighting class. Let me know what you all think. :)

06-24-2003, 12:18 PM
A convincing scene IMO, the lighting sells it a long way.

At first glance the only thing that really jumps out as throwing it off a little is the scale of the gun (for me personally).

It appears to be a handgun of some description (a revolver perhaps) and yet, compared to the size of the bed, seems to be huge.

Good work though - creates enough of an atmosphere for me to buy into it.

06-24-2003, 01:58 PM
Nice. Good lighting.
Not sure what's coming out of the trashcan though....

06-24-2003, 05:44 PM
Not bad. I like the lighting. The textures on the wall seem a bit blurry. So maybe try bigger textures to fix the problem. Also I think the scale of the gun may be a bit off. I think its to big comapare to the bed.

06-25-2003, 02:34 PM
very nice. I too think the lighting sets the mood. This kinda reminds me of the first Terminator movie, the one where the Terminator has the hotel room and gets the guns.

06-25-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by joelyabrudy
[Blah, blah, blah...]
Not sure what's coming out of the trashcan though....

If the size of the gun is any indication then my guess is a really large condom? :shrug:

Nice mood. I like the scene.:thumbsup:

06-25-2003, 03:38 PM
nice.. but the gun looks like a toy. it's too big, and his material
looks plastic.

but except for this, it's looks great..

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.