View Full Version : XSI support

12 December 2008, 05:52 PM
Hey all, i've been trying to get a hold of XSI support for a few weeks.
My licence for foundation 6.02 is messed up and there has been no reply to my email to XSI support for 3 weeks. Has anyonce else had problems contacting them recently?

12 December 2008, 09:27 PM
Hi Steve,

I just spoke to support, and they are still transitioning some files over to Autodesk, so their access is limited for the time being. Please be patient during this time, we are trying to resolve these issues as quickly as possible, and will respond to you as soon as we can.


12 December 2008, 09:31 PM
Would these transitional issues also affect the download sections? I'm specifically looking for the CrossWalk downloads, which I've been trying to access for the past few weeks - though those pages are supposed to be accessible again in "early december", they actually aren't.

12 December 2008, 10:43 PM
IMHO it's too bad they either didn't have the foresight or were too cheap to keep the necessarily redundancies, human and otherwise, in place so as to facilitate a smooth transition on the users end during the duration of the switch.

Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come.

Waiting two weeks for support on your license? I thought this was 2008 not 1808!

Keep in mind I in no way hold the the SI support team directly accountable for any of this...

12 December 2008, 03:10 AM
Actually "redundancies" were mostly kept in place (I only know of one person who was let go in tech support), but foresight or not they have been moving offices, and afaik they only finished the physical move yesterday.
Licensing/sales was heavily affected though, and that probably shows.

The problem isn't Soft/AD keeping things in place, as much as AVID having severed quite a few things really quickly.

I wouldn't judge things going by the last month though, especially for licensing.
On my end escalists, mailing lists, SWAT, normal support and client relationships have, insofar, been unaffected, and AD seems to have listened to users when it comes to tech and public venues like the list insofar (.net will probably go at some point though). So, fingers crossed, things don't look too dire yet.

Old licenses needing maintenance work though would be the things most affected.
You might want to try and pick up the phone, given the backlog of emails and re-adjustments in the people dealing with licensing now I'd think there'd be quite the backlog of emails do deal with, and some old school phone bitching might get you faster results.

12 December 2008, 03:24 AM
thanks for the updates...
i was able to get my XSI to start up with the 30 day trial which ends in 7 days and i have a project to finish.
i guess I'll have to try calling someone if i don't get an email in the next few days.

12 December 2008, 11:11 PM
We're up and running...
Send us your registration code to so we can get the license dept on it.

CGTalk Moderation
12 December 2008, 11:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.