long time reader, first time poster....
im working on a rig in MAYA that wants to have a parent node with child node thats delayed in its response...
(see images attached) for example,
1. the sphere is parented to the box.
2. when a box is to the right of the locator, the sphere does not move.
3. once the box passes the locator the sphere follows.
(and as if that wasnt enough)
4. when the box stoppes moving, the sphere does not! it only stoppes when the original distance between the two is same as it was at start of motion.
5. AND these needs to work in all directions - up, down, left, right, you name it!
so the question is, how do i do... all that?
thanks so much in advace!