XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : render buffer shadow problem HELP PLEASE

06-18-2003, 03:43 AM
Please help,

Iím rendering an extra shadow layer with the render buffer export, the problem is that the shadow is not in the right place if I hit F10, if I render a single frame everything looks OK.
Damn, must be something stupid I forgot I know it worked before, I just canít get it to work right now !!!

PLEASE HELP ITíS 5 am and Iím really pissed and tired !!!! :cry:

Triple G
06-18-2003, 04:05 AM
Well, it's a little bit of a workaround, but you could save copies of the objects which are receiving the shadows and set their alpha to shadow density...then just save this out as a separate scene, and screamer render them both. :shrug:

06-18-2003, 04:28 AM
Thanxs Trible G !

Still not working your way, there is just something wrong with the shadow overall, it's only OK if I render a single frames.

Not just with the buffer export !!! The Shadow is always wrong when I render sequences !

Damn, never happened before !!!

06-18-2003, 04:50 AM
damn, the search function on this forum is great !!!

Problem solved !!!

using the cache map feature WILL screw up animations, espescially if motion blur is on.. only for stills.

Triple G
06-18-2003, 04:53 AM
Aw, man....I had that happen to me once too....took me an hour or so of banging my head against the wall to figure it out. Sorry I didn't think of that...probably could've saved you some frustration. :hmm:

06-18-2003, 05:06 AM
Thanks anyway Trible G

I know I had this problem before too, but I just forgot it, you know it's 6:20 am I'm wasn't thinking to clearly (I guess that's bad english):insane:, but my f...ing shadow layer is rendering !!! :beer:

Damn still 300 frames to go...:banghead:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.