View Full Version : XSI Toon Shader and Fluids.

linuxInferno
11 November 2008, 11:10 AM
Hey I was wondering if anyone knew how to create fluid effects that utilized toon shader. I am trying to apply this to fire.

R10k
11 November 2008, 01:12 AM
Apply what to fire? The fluids or toon shader?

linuxInferno
11 November 2008, 02:07 AM
i want to make fluid fire that renders with a toon shader

R10k
11 November 2008, 02:28 AM
So, you want fluid that's on fire? You're still not too clear on what it is you're doing.

Whatever your fluid is (the XSI type, or something in ICE) just add a toon shader to your lens, and a toon shader to the object, as you would for any normal object. If you don't know how to do that, try the manual.

ajcgi
11 November 2008, 01:02 PM
By fluid I'm presuming you mean fluid in motion rather than liquid on fire.
I remember seeing a tutorial somewhere on using particle instancing for such a thing, but other than that, if you do have Version 7, ICE will be your best bet. There's a good example file you can full apart for the fire itself and from there it's a matter of working out the toon shader in the render tree.

linuxInferno
11 November 2008, 05:40 PM
By fluid I'm presuming you mean fluid in motion rather than liquid on fire.
I remember seeing a tutorial somewhere on using particle instancing for such a thing, but other than that, if you do have Version 7, ICE will be your best bet. There's a good example file you can full apart for the fire itself and from there it's a matter of working out the toon shader in the render tree.

yea... im just worried about how im going to get the toon shader to look right.

CGTalk Moderation
11 November 2008, 05:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.