View Full Version : mia_material_x_passes shader doesn't work with GI itself?

bbrcn
11 November 2008, 12:27 PM
Hi,

I found that my mia_material_x_passes doesn't work with GI although it has connect itself to the photon shader slot of the shading group. It works, If I replace the photon shader with other photon shaders (basic, dgs_material_photon or material_x). And the material_x works, until I upgrade it..:surprised It's the reason the mia_material_x still exist in the hypershade?

I have search around for answers, havn't seem any one experienced this. Can someone help me figure out what I missed or what wrong with this?

Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

chuckie7413
11 November 2008, 01:03 PM
yeah this is a problem with the mia_x_passes material. There are still many limitations to the pass system and compatibility with shaders. I advise watching the maya 2009 render passes tutorial from digital tutors. It hightlights the limitations of the render pass system and shaders as well as showing some workarounds.

bbrcn
11 November 2008, 04:01 AM
Thanks Richard definitely will watch it!

CGTalk Moderation
11 November 2008, 04:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.