View Full Version : Material node does not show the texture file

DemolishMan
10 October 2008, 07:02 PM
Hello!

My Gear
Using Maya 2008 32 bits for Windows Vista 32 bits on a Quad processor and Dual Monitors set.

The Problem
I cannot see my texture map in my model. What I see is a grey material (like a lambert). Or it shows another texture file from another material.
This is weird because it only happens to two blinns. All other blinns are showing the textures correctly.

I have a total of 12 materials in my scene, they are all blinns with a jpg texture file on it, every single one has 512x512 pixels, created in Photoshop. Just two of them are not being shown correctly.

The texture sample from within the Material node only shows a black square. The same thing happens to the blinn sphere, its just a black sphere.

Error Messages
In my output window I get these errors everytime I load the maya file:

ERROR, C:/Users/SATAN/Desktop/PersonagemEsqueleto/barrel_iron3.jpg: programming error; please fix
ERROR, C:/Users/SATAN/Desktop/PersonagemEsqueleto/barrel_iron3.jpg: programming error; please fix
ERROR, C:/Users/SATAN/Desktop/PersonagemEsqueleto/bucket-color2.jpg: programming error; please fix
ERROR, C:/Users/SATAN/Desktop/PersonagemEsqueleto/bucket-color2.jpg: programming error; please fix

Things I already tried

Cleaned all history from all objects several times.
Created several new blinns and re-built the texture file to the color. The error always continues.
Tried to save the same texture file using different pixel sizes in photoshop, I tried 530x530, 530x512, 1024x1024...
Tried to change the name of the jpg texture file several times.
What is causing this? Please help :)

DemolishMan
10 October 2008, 09:00 PM
FIXED!

I saved the jpg as png and it now it works fine...

How strange... Why is it happening to jpg's only?

CGTalk Moderation
10 October 2008, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.