View Full Version : Playstation Exporter

David Lightbown
04 April 2002, 12:59 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are any commercially available exporters to Playstation formats such as HMD for Maya, Max, Lightwave 7 or SoftXSI... we have exporters for Lightwave 5.6 and Softimage 4.0 but they're not up to snuff.

We really need to get this going fast, and we're willing to buy if you know a good one.

And don't suggest the GAMUT-PSm tool, as the company is unreachable and we think they're out of business.

I hope to hear from you all soon !

David

David Lightbown
04 April 2002, 09:32 AM
Bump :D

David Lightbown
04 April 2002, 12:07 AM
Bump... christ someone has to know something about this...

Parasite7
04 April 2002, 12:22 AM
the only thing i can think of is the old net yaroze. hwich cost like 400+ dollars and u can make a playstation game with this development kit. also i would talk to everyone in the game design channel programming also. cause of that playstation 2 linux kit. that has to come with an exporter and imorter for playstion 2 format

David Lightbown
04 April 2002, 12:28 AM
As I stated in my message, we're looking for exporters for Playstation. Not Playstation 2.

In addition, we're looking to export HMDs. Yaroze does not deal with HMDs.

Genesis
05 May 2002, 06:40 AM
Why don't you contact Sony and ask them?

David Lightbown
05 May 2002, 06:51 AM
Since we're a registered Sony developer, I did.

They said "We have no idea... either write your own format or look for an exporter somewhere"

And so the search continues...

Genesis
05 May 2002, 07:08 AM
oh well, I was trying the "the most simple solution is usually correct" theory :shrug:

good luck in your search.

David Lightbown
05 May 2002, 07:11 AM
hehe thanks man... yeah we've tried lots of channels... and while Sony and some of the other companies I called / contacted had good suggestions and ideas, none really has a good "go download / purchase this !" solution :)

I'll see.

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.