San Antonio, TX – July 31, 2008 – NewTek Inc., manufacturer of industry-leading 3D animation and video products today extended their congratulations to the 2008 Emmy® nominees in the Outstanding Special Visual Effects for a Series and Outstanding Special Visual Effects for a Miniseries, Movie or A Special categories. For the 11th year in a row, several of the nominees relied on Emmy-winning LightWave 3D® as a key tool in their visual effects pipe line.
"’Life After People’ had complex shots and a short deadline," said Andrea D'Amico, Emmy-nominated VFX executive producer. "As always, LightWave's speed, broad toolset and flexibility played a pivotal role in completing this project on budget and on time."
NewTek LightWave 3D combines a state-of-the-art photo-realistic renderer with intuitive and powerful modeling and animation tools. Known for its fast workflow and ease of use, LightWave also integrates well with other popular production tools for 3D and for compositing, with support for a wide range of formats. Tools that may cost extra in other professional 3D applications are part of the product package, including unlimited render nodes, hard- and soft-body dynamics, hair, fur, cloth simulation and more. LightWave is used worldwide as a complete 3D production solution for visual effects in television and film, broadcast graphics, games, print and web.
"It is a tremendous honor that these shows, facilities and talented teams of artists have chosen to use NewTek LightWave 3D in the creation of these Emmy-nominated productions. These people manage to do an incredible amount of fantastic work in very little time," said Jay Roth, president of 3D division, NewTek. "It is only fitting that their efforts are being recognized by the Academy. On behalf of the LightWave 3D creative team and the whole NewTek family, I extend our congratulations."
2008 Emmy-Nominated LightWave 3D Users
Outstanding Special Visual Effects for A Series:
* "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" – Pilot. FOX, C2 Pictures in association with Warner Bros. Television: James Lima, Visual Effects Supervisor; Chris Zapara, CG Supervisor; Lane Jolly, Compositing Supervisor; Steve Graves, 3D Modeler/Animator; Rick Schick, Compositor; Jeff West, Compositor; and Bradley Mullennix, Modeler.
* "Jericho"– Patriots And Tyrants. CBS, CBS Paramount Television: Andrew Orloff, Visual Effects Supervisor; Blythe Dalton, Visual Effects Producer; John Stirber, Special Effects Supervisor; Chris Jones, Compositing Supervisor; Michael Cliett, CGI Supervisor; Lane Jolly, Lead Visual Effects Compositor; Johnathan R. Banta, Lead Matte Artist; and Josh Hooker, Lead CGI Artist.
* "Battlestar Galactica" – He That Believeth In Me. Sci Fi Channel, Universal Media Studios in association with R & D TV: Gary Hutzel, Visual Effects Supervisor; Michael Gibson, Visual Effects Producer; David Takemura, Visual Effects Coordinator; Doug Drexler, CGI Supervisor; Kyle Toucher, CG Artist; Sean Jackson, CG Artist; Pierre Drolet, CG Modeler; Aurore de Blois, Senior Compositor; and Derek Ledbetter, Compositor.
Outstanding Special Visual Effects for a Miniseries, Movie or A Special:
* "Life After People" History Channel, Flight 33 Productions for History Television Network Productions, A&E Television Networks: Matt Drummond, Visual Effects Supervisor; Max Ivins, Visual Effects Supervisor; Steffen Schlachtenhaufen, Visual Effects Producer; Melinka Thompson-Godoy, Visual Effects Producer; Andrea D'Amico, Visual Effects Producer; Danny Kim, Matte Painter/Compositor; Dave Morton, Lead Visual Effects Artist; Jim May, Digital Artist; and Casey Benn, Digital Artist.
**For LightWave 3D images created for "Jericho" and "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles," please contact Jennifer Thurlow, NewTek PR/Media Specialist at (210) 370-8216 or firstname.lastname@example.org (http://email@example.com). You can also obtain images at: ftp://press:firstname.lastname@example.org/LightWave/EmmyNominated/.
Pricing and Availability
LightWave v9 is available now at the suggested retail price of US$895. LightWave v9.5 will be available as a free update to registered LightWave v9 owners. Registered owners of LightWave 3D [v8 or earlier] are eligible to purchase an upgrade to LightWave v9 for US$395. For more information or to purchase, please visit newtek.com or call NewTek Sales at 800-368-5441, for international inquiries dial +1-210-370-8000.
With headquarters in San Antonio, Texas, NewTek is an Emmy® Award-winning and leading provider of full-featured video editing, live production, presentation, animation and special effects tools including TriCaster™, TriCaster Pro™, TriCaster STUDIO™, TriCaster BROADCAST™, VT™, SpeedEDIT™, 3D Arsenal™, LightWave 3D® and LightWave Rendition™ for Adobe® Photoshop®.
* LightWave and LightWave 3D are registered trademarks of NewTek.
* The TriCaster family of products include: TriCaster, TriCaster VM, TriCaster PRO, TriCaster STUDIO and TriCaster BROADCAST which are trademarks of NewTek, Inc.
* TimeWarp, LiveControl, SpeedEDIT, VT, iVGA, LiveSet, LiveMatte, LiveText, 3D Arsenal and LightWave Rendition are trademarks of NewTek, Inc.
* All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.