View Full Version : Pflow materials and collisions + bobo script..

08-05-2008, 02:22 PM
I am having trouble getting my head around what should surley be a simple operation achieveable in Particle Flow.

Basically I have some simple geometry with a multi/sub-object material applied, then using position op ive got particles being generated on the surface and a shape op to give them spehrical shape.

I have a defelctor that moves though the geomtery and using a collision test and a speed by icon op along with a path contraint, they move along the spline around the room. I am happy with my motion and geometry.

My issue arises when trying to get the particle to inherit the material from the emitter. I have worked through bobo's tutorial and script operator "Inherit Texel Color From Emitter (", which works up to the point of the collision test to the speed by icon. However in the new event the material is lost.

I am aware that orbaz box#1 has an operator that may solve this but i cant get it to render in the evaluation version and unfortunatly the budget for this project is hardly covering my costs let alone the cost of purchasing Box #1, hense I want to find a work around.

If anyone could shed some light on how I could set the particle material globally from the emitter, that would be awesome.

much thanks for any help given

CGTalk Moderation
08-05-2008, 02:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.