View Full Version : Free photoshop dirt/grime brushes for download

wurp
05 May 2003, 08:35 PM
Hello

I put together a collection of different grime/dirt brushes for photoshop. I use these brushes in almost every project I ever do, they are great to paint dirt/scratches etc. If you want to make the edges of your text a little bit worn, no problem, just create a mask and start painting with these brushes in it. If you have Photoshop 7 be sure to try the "shape dynamics" when using these brushes, its great to paint scratches etc with.

I made them in photoshop 7, but hopefully they should load on older versions too.
Download it here http://www.renderart.net/files/dirtbrushes.zip
here is a sample of the brushes:
http://www.renderart.net/images/brush_samples.jpg

dmcgrath
05 May 2003, 08:40 PM
Thanks, I can always use more brush selections. Right now my favorites are using japanese Kanji characters.

kleinluka
05 May 2003, 08:51 PM
nice!

singularity2006
05 May 2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by dmcgrath
Thanks, I can always use more brush selections. Right now my favorites are using japanese Kanji characters.

oooh, can u send me some of those brushes?!?!? =DDDD

theGuest
05 May 2003, 01:27 AM
Excellent brushes wurp, very very nice.

Thanks for sharing these with us. They may actually come in handy for the newest tute section i'm creating -- to do with making 3D interface elements.
These could be handy in the "texturing" section. ;)

Thanks again. :bounce:

kleinluka
05 May 2003, 10:32 AM
ok I've just tested them and they don't work in Photoshop 6 =(

Jide
05 May 2003, 01:03 PM
Thanks.

They seem to work ok in Photoshop Elements 2

kex
05 May 2003, 10:46 PM
look good has quite a bit of variation and they wont work in old versions of photoshop only 7 and elements (2?) i think , but not shore sorry old users ur stuck with ur old brush's :p but that was the whole point of 7 to get these new features could u ever customise ur brushs b4 ?except for just cahnging size and distorting them

Primitive
05 May 2003, 11:00 PM
Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Acid Lord
05 May 2003, 02:49 AM
Very nice brushes. Everyone can use new brushes!

Nikodemus
05 May 2003, 04:05 AM
ok dont yell at me, but i dont have photoshop 7 yet i cant afford to upgrade at the moment, i am using 5.5

is it possible for someone to take these brushes and put a psd file up with a background layer and then on a new layer with nothing but a one click with each brush ... that way i could circle slecet the area and "define brush" ? cause it is hard to define the brush like that when it is on a layer with white cause the grey areas wont be selected if i use the magic brush.. does this make any sense to anyone? :shrug:

these brushes look great

just a thought that would help out all the non 7 people .

dmcgrath
05 May 2003, 04:47 AM
Niko, all you have to do is make a square selection around the greyscale area you want to make a brush out of and use define brush.

It would help if you could get a better picture of Wurp's brushes, but it isnt necessary. Just make some of your own. Use less brushes, and more creativity. I've made tons of brushes in P-shop but I find that I only use theme once or twice, and then forget about them.

Nikodemus
05 May 2003, 04:55 AM
ah ok i will try that thanks dmcgrath

yes but it is kind of frustrating always with those circle brushes. :shrug:

dmcgrath
05 May 2003, 05:01 AM
Actually I meant taking some of those circle brushes and creating new shapes with them. Some with fuzzy edges, and soem sharper. Then define new brushes that way.

Good luck.

mage111
05 May 2003, 06:18 AM
me'sa likes--- ohhhh :D

hey man, wonderful, i really like these :-)
thanks for the work you did on this

dooom
05 May 2003, 07:48 PM
:beer: thanks alot they will be used frequently.

:airguitar

dooom
05 May 2003, 08:08 PM
doh! they brushes wont load into ps 6. looks as if one might have to upgrade:surprised

:airguitar

bumskee
05 May 2003, 11:03 PM
wooohooo!!!
i love getting new brush, thanx dude!
:beer:

wurp
05 May 2003, 04:47 PM
try this file http://www.renderart.net/files/dirtbrushes.psd

I put together a PSD file with all the brushes in a transparent layer, maybe you can use this and define your own brushes in ps6 or earlier?

Nikodemus
05 May 2003, 11:28 PM
:applause: three cheers for wurp ! :scream:

thanks a billion wurp.. this will work wonders! * gets busy using new brushes!* :cool:

thanks again :wavey:

Maven
06 June 2003, 01:42 PM
The zip file doesn't work for me. I have tried downloading it several times. It just says "Not a valid archive" Can you post it again or email it to me?

leonec@pbworld.com

Thank you.

Cyborgguineapig
06 June 2003, 11:39 AM
Yay!:bounce:

Maven
06 June 2003, 11:52 AM
Thank wurp! These are great.

daddyo
07 July 2004, 07:32 PM
I tried downloading them but the link takes me to a blank page...

Also, I use the default Leaf brush in photoshop for water stains... try it it works great...

corrupto
07 July 2004, 08:45 PM
Thank you...

Pgraphics
07 July 2004, 09:53 PM
Awesome Brushes! Thanks.....

berniebernie
07 July 2004, 11:22 AM
dead link here

SeVeR3K
07 July 2004, 07:45 PM
dead link here to

the_zed_axis
07 July 2004, 09:56 PM
thankthe contribution but the link is not working could you pls check or someone pls email them to me
code_z3@yahoo.com
thanks in advance

Pada-wan
07 July 2004, 06:00 PM
From people say about it, I'd say they seem to be good brushes, but the link is still dead, would you mind sharing it with us again?

daddyo
07 July 2004, 07:56 PM
Yes please! still hoping to get some!

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.