View Full Version : Crits Welcomed for this new member

shinobix
04 April 2002, 01:55 PM
Hi Guys and Gals,
I've been surfing this site for the past little bit and have now mustered up enough courage to post some of my artwork here.
I hope you like.
It's for my final at college, so keep in mind that I have had tight deadlines and all those other great excuses.
Well, without further ado, here's my stuff.

Shawn Woods
04 April 2002, 02:32 PM
No need for excuses dude. The models look great. The texturing is really nice as well. You could add a little more bend in the king's left arm to give a stronger silhouette. Just rotate the arm and bend the bicep up slightly.

I love the teeth!

null
04 April 2002, 03:07 PM
the models look great. it's just the render and odd angle that obscure them a bit, but i guess you knew that. great work :buttrock:

leigh
04 April 2002, 03:47 PM
Hey those guys are awesome :buttrock:

It's a pity that the jpg compression has made it a bit blocky :(
:applause:
And it's especially brilliant work considering you're still a student :D You have a great future ahead of you, I think :thumbsup:

Korgath
04 April 2002, 04:48 PM
I love the design! got some other renderings of the goblins?

shinobix
04 April 2002, 01:23 AM
Thanks for the great reviews!! It makes me feel a hell of a lot better about my demo reel. You know how it is after you've looked at your own work for a while, it all becomes gray...
Thanks again and I will be posting more soon.

popnGEAR
04 April 2002, 01:29 AM
I like King Rude the most, and they all have nice expressions. I'd change the red balls on the Wubblie's heads though (they are ripped off of kupos?).

shinobix
04 April 2002, 02:57 AM
Yeah, I realize that the pompoms are a moogle design trait, but they were very much of my inspiration for the wubblies, so I put it in there as a tribute to the glory of Squaresoft.

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.