View Full Version : MegaMan vs Earthworm Jim, Tom Pollock Jr (2D)

RenegadeWang
05 May 2008, 04:00 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/122674/122674_1209744017_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/122674/122674_1209744017_large.jpg)

Title: MegaMan vs Earthworm Jim
Name: Tom Pollock Jr
Software: Photoshop

I've been working up prints to sell at comic conventions, and hopefully this bad-boy stirs up some 90's nostalgia... Hand drawn, inked, and colored in Photoshop 7. About 12 hours.

I tried to get the feel of Earthworm Jim's world, green sky, deep purples and orange/browns, junkyard, etc... Let me know what you guys think, about the color, drawing, whatever, I appreciate the crits.

KoraggTheKnightWolf
05 May 2008, 03:36 PM
MEGAMAN!!! He Rocks

DavidBarnes
05 May 2008, 11:17 PM
Hey, I'm a big fan of Mega man too. I like the colors and textures you applied on the trucks in the scene. The shadows on the characters in contrast w/ the plasma shot were a lil' too dark and needed a bit more ambience, in my opinion. Also the foreground seemed a bit off from the lighting in atmosphere. but other than that, I like the attention to detail overall and keep it up bro

RenegadeWang
05 May 2008, 02:09 PM
Thanks. I was actually worried the shadows on them were too light. The only reason I didn't go darker was to keep it from looking like Jim was wearing gray (instead of his classic white). I really wanted to seel the blast from the gun. Thanks so much for taking the time. I appreciate it.

jade__fox
05 May 2008, 06:00 PM
lol... I remember playing both of these games!

I love the lighting and the color. very smooth!

i would love to see more of these crossovers.

take care

josh-o-matic
08 August 2008, 05:40 AM
Good composition and really expressive drawing! The light from the beam on the figures is awesome. I like the heavy, overcast sky. =)
The atmospheric perspective helps the background recede, but maybe a change in the contrast or focus of the closest car would help with the depth. Then again that might not be in the style of the picture.

CGTalk Moderation
08 August 2008, 05:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.