View Full Version : Mummy 3 - First Poster arrives! Very cool!

vfx
04 April 2008, 08:31 AM
I'm a BIG Mummy fan so will continue to keep everyone updated on the progress of the film...

Here's the first teaser poster and I have to say I Iove it!

http://www.robcohenthemummy.com/

http://www.firstshowing.net/img/mummy3-tsrposter-big.jpg

Some more info from the blog:

Plus, on Wednesday at midnight I will relaunch the design of this site with new photos, set designs and conceptual art drawings for your enjoyment.
As of now I have completed a little over 300 of 964 visual effects shots (I feel like I'm drowning) and it is all coming really well.... I will soon get back to you as to a debut date of the trailer.

R10k
04 April 2008, 08:33 AM
Nice ;) I can't wait for a trailer...

Pyke
04 April 2008, 10:12 AM
I really loved the first mummy movie (I think it may have also been the thrill of seeing Arnold Vosloo on screen...its always nice when a South African makes it big!), and apart from some aspects fo the second one (the reincarnation part....and the horrid CG scorpion king), I loved the second one.
Its just an awsome set of advanture movies. ;)

Looking forward to this!

P_T
04 April 2008, 10:57 AM
I really loved the first mummy movie (I think it may have also been the thrill of seeing Arnold Vosloo on screen...its always nice when a South African makes it big!), and apart from some aspects fo the second one (the reincarnation part....and the horrid CG scorpion king), I loved the second one.
Its just an awsome set of advanture movies. ;)

Looking forward to this!I agree!! To me it was the closest thing to Indy's adventure as they got.

vfx
04 April 2008, 01:38 PM
Yup... they are with out doubt the most fun adventure films of recent especially the 1st!.. the 2nd tried too hard and was a let down in many ways.. lets hope this one, with a new director pulls it back!

Baltasound
04 April 2008, 03:47 PM
Love the movies, cant wait :cool:

switchblade327
04 April 2008, 07:50 PM
Cool poster. I also dig this series for the fun, pulp action but... where's Rachel Weisz this time!?

Abaddon
05 May 2008, 12:34 AM
No Rachel makes me very sad. :cry: Still looking forward to the movie though, will be fun. :wavey:

MrPositive
05 May 2008, 04:59 PM
The first Mummy was one of my favorite popcorn flicks of all time. The second is a shining example of how CG CAN actually hurt a movie. That Scorpion King is so odd to look at that it was the catalyst of the uncanny valley in CG. I'm definitely looking forward to this.

j83
05 May 2008, 07:19 PM
Yay, I'm a big Mummy fan and a big Jet Li fan, so this is great! :)

CGTalk Moderation
05 May 2008, 07:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.