View Full Version : my new tepmlate!!

05-14-2003, 10:10 PM
This is a simple template done in Photoshop. I am gonna use flash to do the site. Basically, this is gonna be my personal site…hope you all like it,,,if you guys have any advice let me know!!!
Check the template ( :)

05-14-2003, 11:10 PM

:beer: great template, i love it!
really neat overall, so u are going flash for this huh?? good choice!

ok, few things, i thought the menus were a bit hard to read, could just be me, co zi just woke up,:surprised not that i didn't know it was there! the alien head, i forgot what font that was, i think you should place something more that screams it's YOU! unless you are an alien.:surprised

i think the icons for the menus are really sleeeek, and even though i said few lil things ur template looks really solid. i guess it all depends on how you flash it now.

05-14-2003, 11:48 PM
that is absolutely gorgeous... i luv it... the only draw back I would like to point out, which applies to everything done in flash, is the lack of scalability in terms of text size. I am not sure if anyone has developed a fix for it, but it seems quite irritating to be looking @ a site done totally in flash under a 640x480 resolution whereas I'm viewing it on a 1600 by something and the font size is still .... 12pt... for a 640... so it looks even tinier for me. Similarly, it looks somewhat odd to have a lot of blank space when the entire navigation space is confined within a given area... What I like to see often is flash integrated such that it runs off past the edges of the screen .... so in that sense, you would have a design that really ecompasses everything without the somewhat enclosed confines of a set design space ...

but as for regular people, the average joe user that uses no resolution greater than 1024, this is a GREAT layout.... i lurve the colors..... :cool:

05-14-2003, 11:49 PM
oh btw, just a note ... I am running 800 x 600 resolution here @ the moment but ur site seems to run well off onto the side ... I hope this isn't scaled to 100%.

and the alien logo... alienware might be mad. But I think that's their problem until u start pulling away more traffic than they are. :beer:

05-15-2003, 04:45 AM
Great template I like the color scheme and the choice of graphics.

05-15-2003, 06:06 AM
Excellent job :bounce: I like the scheme one crit though, Gallery is spelled wrong you have it as Gallary. Great job and I hope that it turns out great :thumbsup:

Ian Jones
05-15-2003, 09:55 AM
Nice...! My only gripe is that the special font is not the most readable. Not a huge problem... just something to mabe improve further.

05-17-2003, 11:12 PM
verry clean... verry pro! nice work

05-26-2003, 06:45 AM
my only critism to this site is.

you have such a beautiful site, and everything just blends into one gorgeous layout.

however, the splash page does not compliment that beauty, it looks very 3d, umm, CG, sharp. its a really nice graphic, but it doesnt compliment whats past the link.

i think the sites great, but you may want to think about bringning a new image in for a splash, something that will give the user an indication of what to expect.

actaully 2 more things:

1) minor: if you do continue to use the splash page, make the splash able to resize smaller and smaller, i see your leftside has a graphic where it could actaully be repeating, you could probably remove that, use a background image that repeats.

2) the popup window should be centered, well it doesnt have to be but as a personal preference i prefer it in the middle, you can find some simple javascripts to help you in that area.

GL with the site, post any updates :-)

05-26-2003, 12:22 PM
Thanks guys for ur comment, I really appreciate…sorry for late reply…..”bumskee” I am not an alien.. I couldn’t find anything that represents me. If I find anything later I will update okie;). The font I used for alien head is “Alienator”. “mage111” I will try my best to make the site more interesting…I will lets u guys know when I finished my site. Thanks again guys. Take care!!!:applause:

05-29-2003, 10:17 PM
Very nice template, well done...

05-30-2003, 03:31 AM
thanks "recycleBin" for ur comments"":applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.