View Full Version : low poly char - spira (wip)

05 May 2003, 07:39 AM
Ahoy CGtalk. I'm a student trying to eventually get into the gaming industry and I just did my *first* low poly game character the other day. I didn't work from concept sketches (was more of a spur-of-the-moment inspiration thing), I just kind of "sketched" her in 3D smax.

She's 1188 polys right now (not tri's), and took me roughly a day to do. I plan on taking her all the way through to finished packaged model + textures + animations, so and comments/crits you guys could give would be great.

anyway, here she is:

thanks in advance

-the almighty ferg

05 May 2003, 07:45 AM
cant wait 2 c her in action

05 May 2003, 05:34 PM
to me it looks like she is in a wetsuit/sneaksuit thing. so if that is what you were going for then +10 kudos. my only critique is that her backpack loos off, it looks kinda like a hiking back pack, you would hike in a wetsuit, and you wouldn't take a pack like that swimming. my suggestion is to round / bevel it off some and make it look like part of her breathing aparatus or an equipment pack... how you do that... well its your art... cya thanks

05 May 2003, 12:55 AM
I see what you mean. I'll re-work the backpack for the next update :)

thanks for the comments so far :)

05 May 2003, 11:14 AM
she looks niiiiiicceeee!!! really cool til now... should be more the sexy warrior or just a stealth fighter or so?
could it be that the legs are not long enough compared with her upper body??

05 May 2003, 05:31 AM
yah riki, I was kind of thinking the same thing. The proportions in her lower torso / waist / thigh area seem a bit off to me, but I can't quite put my finger on it well enough to fix it. Anyone else have a suggestion about this?

05 May 2003, 12:25 PM
just try to move the butt a bit higher!?
so the legs get longer automatically...

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.