View Full Version : Object rotation restrictions

JeT
05 May 2003, 12:14 AM
Hey everyone,

In 3dstudiomax, is it possible to limit an objects rotation without the use of IK? maybe with expressions or something? I'm not much of a code monkey.

JeT
05 May 2003, 04:12 PM
if only i had a mega speaker or something. does anyone know? surely there must be a way. I just want to limit the rotation so i dont go too extreme and dont get any impossible poses. Exaggeration has its place but i'd like some control over my self while animating yas know.

gaggle
05 May 2003, 09:01 AM
I can't come up with anything to answer you question specifically, but jeez, if you want your object not to rotate past a set amount of degrees, just don't animate it that far? I'm sure you can control yourself enough to not go over a certain amount..

I can see how this isn't helping as such, but unless you have some specific reasons this strikes me as a non-issue.

Also, what you're asking sounds to me like something that would belong in the MAX forum, as it's specific to its feature-set. Just imo.

JeT
05 May 2003, 12:40 PM
Its all the little things that matter :rolleyes:

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.