View Full Version : Bend Deformer Just Moves my Object

rickmorgan
03 March 2008, 09:21 PM
I'm applying a bend deformer to an object and all it does is moves the object around and not bending it. I've tried several different sizes, modes, options, etc. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

JamesMK
03 March 2008, 09:26 PM
Any idea what I am doing wrong?
My first guess (without an actual screenshot) would be that you don't have enough vertices available for deformation - i.e. you've tried it on a cube with only 8 verts, and therefore you only get a shearing/moving action. In other words, make sure your object is sufficiently subdivided to actually be able to bend in the first place.

heathivan
03 March 2008, 09:40 PM
Edit: Late post. Ooops. . .already covered above.

make sure the deformers position and dimesions match your object in a relevant way, as well as make sure your object has enough subdivisions to bend.

---h

rickmorgan
03 March 2008, 09:40 PM
The oject does have many segments & points. Here is the file:

http://www.rickmorgan.com/downloads/Strips.c4d

JamesMK
03 March 2008, 09:47 PM
OK, not sure what the final result is supposed to look like, but what you need to do is to rotate the bend deformer - try a 90 degrees pitch for instance.

rickmorgan
03 March 2008, 09:52 PM
Ahhhh, that did it. I needed to orient the bend deformer. THANKS!

CGTalk Moderation
03 March 2008, 09:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.